Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Inning - Father Time 1 - Deer 0


The Game Is On!
As I described in my last post, the solution to yard and garden preservation was to increase the height of my chain-link fence and prevent the local deer herd from getting in. The actual "increase" was accomplished by bolting pieces of 3/4" electrical conduit to my fence posts, and then stringing wire through holes drilled in the conduit. Our local university extension service suggested putting white flags at regular intervals to prevent the deer from attempting to jump the fence at night when the wires are not visible. For you macho types out there, (are you listening Fly?) a possible modification would be to substitute razor wire and then get ready to enjoy some venison steaks this summer. But since my household includes a dog and two cats adopted from our local Humane Society, you can bet that won't happen here!

Remember. It's just the first inning!
I'll keep you posted if the score changes!

Mission accomplished - I think.

No comments: