Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lastest From Joey

 
Some of you may remember we rescued a Shetland Sheep Dog three years ago. At first, I updated the blog monthly while we searched for his true personality. Later, as is my style, I either became lazy or preoccupied with my next adventure and didn't say too much about him.

So, as repentance for my wayward writing habits, here's the latest picture of Joey. His coat is much fuller, and he's fully recovered from the horrible matted fur his past owners' treatment caused. He's still a little shy, which is typical of his breed, but he realizes he has found a good home and is clearly thankful for our hospitality.

He has one characteristic which can be bothersome at times. He feels his role is to act as our early warning system for anything within 100' of our house. This includes cats, deer, and kids on bicycles. When he detects the intrusion of evil near our premises, he cuts loose with a piercing series of barks that only Shelties can produce. Once we acknowledge his disruptive behavior, he quiets right down and goes back to sleep. In other words, it's Father Time's job to rid the house of evil spirits. Joey's only job is to make sure I'm doing my job.

Fear not! Father Time shall prevail - maybe!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: