Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Quick "Hello" Between Backpacking Trips

Back for the weekend, but off and running again tomorrow. In the meantime, I thought I would share a couple of pictures I took on the Brice Creek Trail in the Umpqua National Forest near Cottage Grove, Oregon. There is unbelievable beauty even during our "dry" season that precedes the winter rains.

Brice Creek Trail

Here's the "Old Swimming Hole", named by many foul and fragrant hikers who have found hygienic relief here at the end of the day. It is COLD!



And this is Trestle Falls at the end of the dry season. It should be an outstanding cascade after the winter rains arrive and snow melts in the spring. I will go back in May 2007 for an "after" picture. Should be awesome!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Don't we live in God's Country?
The beauty of this area never ceases to amaze me. I love the Mountains!

Father Time said...

phyllis:

I totally agree. The PNW is hard to imagine if you haven't been here. That's why I'm spending my "healthy" years traveling and walking all over this territory.

BTW, Whidby Island ain't bad either! lol