Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just Because

Two Posts In Two Days? What's Wrong?

Nothing is wrong. Just because I switched my brand of coffee doesn't mean I'm more energized in the morning. Just because my kitchen remodel is going badly and is days behind schedule doesn't mean I wake up early and race to the workshop (at least not on weekends.) Just because the ceiling crashed in one of my downstairs bedrooms due to a copper pipe failure doesn't mean I'm stressed out. AND........just because the snow pack in the Cascades is so heavy I've had to postpone my four-day backpacking trip to Mount Jefferson doesn't mean I'm frustrated. Angry? Yes. Frustrated? No.

Trucks And Their Offspring

The old red Sonoma is getting kind of arthritic. What to do? Look for a new vehicle that will take me up into the foothills without costing me an IRA distribution each trip. Have you noticed that 4-cylinder engines are now more costly than V-6's or V-8's? If I wait long enough I can probably buy a Hemi for pennies on the dollar and do an engine swap. Might not make sense gas mileage wise but it sure would be fun passing a Mercedes with my old beater truck.

Dream on old man, dream on!

2 comments:

The Fly said...

NPR sucks, Father Time! If I'm going to have to pay for it out of my taxes, I'd rather get my money's worth!

Love the new format!

FatherTime said...

I assume you are referring to the post on your blog entitled "Public Radio Sucks!" and my incisive comments about out-of-control Federal spending.

Hint: You are NOT getting your money's worth except for the pittance you put in my Social Security and Medicare account. For that major sacrifice you have my eternal gratitude.