Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Good Intentions Awaiting Execution

The following is a public service announcement.

My recent hiatus from Father Time's Place provided time to contemplate the overall direction of this place and to develop some new content ideas.

As I noted in the last post, much will be the same but one new twist will become apparent - my willingness to tackle a controversial topic. For the past year, I've avoided venturing into topical issues, preferring to use indirect (but gentle) humor to tap dance around controversy. My rationale was simple - there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of sites devoted to promoting and shaping thought. (Now the bad news.) However, by dodging the sticky stuff, I was also depriving myself of the therapeutic benefits of "getting something off my chest."

I am, if nothing else, a strong proponent of good mental hygiene. If I thought for one moment I was taking myself down the road to dysfunctionality, I would be horrified. Therefore I have decided to pursue controversy, if necessary, in order to avoid having my train ride to enlightenment derailed. At the same time, this doesn't mean I'm turning Father Time's Place into a pulpit. It just means we will be willing to play hard ball if the situation calls for it.

Harrumph! I feel better already!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Let 'er blow!
It is much better to get things out. As you know, what you see is what you get at my place. I am very frank about my sobriety and my Faith, but I also believe in live and let live. I love diversity!

Father Time said...

Thanks Phyllis. I appreciate the support. And, yes, your blog has helped me in making this course correction. Your candor is terrific!