Friday, January 12, 2007

If Life Was A Movie Review

Mine would start with something original like this.

Father Time is The Whirling Dervish.
That would work for openers.

Synopsis:
What is a "Whirling Dervish" anyways? You'll be sorry you asked. Wikipedia, that infallible source of truth says:

The Mevlevi Order or the Mevleviye are a Sufi order founded by the followers of Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi in 1273 in Konya, (in Turkey at present). They are also known as the Whirling Dervishes due to their famous practice of whirling as a form of dhikr (remembrance of Allah). Dervish is a common term for an initiate of the Sufi Path.

OK, So I'm not a Whirling Dervish
But I've really been busy.

To Readers of TSTF

My friend The Fly has promised his blog readers a response from me to his posts about the legitimacy of the war in Iraq.

To those hard-core Fly readers, I will respond as soon as I calm down following Bush's speech on Wednesday. When I'm enraged I have this tendency to spout off on issues that have no basis in fact, such as "war is bad", or "money for Iraq but funding cutbacks for the mentally ill in the US."

In an effort to respond with some degree of coherent thought, I'm finishing a book called On War by the German military philosopher Carl von Clausewitz. It attempts to prove that war is a good thing. I, on the other hand, believe it is nothing more than a continued demonstration of civilization's inability to control the primitive appetites our collective psyches possess.

Rating

This movie is rated "R" for rage. Stay tuned. I am.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

I missed the speech. I guess that's good, huh?

Father Time said...

That's very good! Almost as good as having electricity that stays on!

The Fly said...

I anxiously await your response, Father Time, and I value our friendship and openness with one another.