Monday, February 26, 2007

Return

After a couple of days in our local hospital (enjoying what is laughingly referred to as a "minor procedure"), I'm back and feeling great. During my stay I was pleasantly surprised to discover hospitals have finally figured out a few things about customer service.

First, everyone I dealt with was friendly and extremely courteous. Second, everyone wanted to know if I had any questions before they left. It's amazing how much more comfortable one is when one knows what the hell is going on with all the tubes, bags, buzzers, monitors, etc.

My third discovery was one of the best - a meal menu that would make any good restaurant envious! When I was hungry, I picked up the menu with its formidable list, and called room service. Within 10 minutes my meal was delivered by a smiling "waiter" who always checked to make sure it was prepared the way I requested. And finally, the food was GREAT! Unbelievable!

The only downside to the whole experience was a nurse who awakened me at 2:00 AM to find out if I was in pain. (When's the last time you slept soundly when you were in pain?) Some things never change but the good news is - I had to look for something to complain about. And that is really great news!

No comments: