Sunday, February 04, 2007

Annual Picture Of P-38

Father Time's Place was officially one year old in November 2006. This means tradition now becomes an element requiring action on my part. I, therefore, have no choice but to recognize certain "features" (tongue-in-cheek) deserving of annual recognition at this hallowed site.

With that in mind, I'm again posting a picture of my all-time favorite aircraft, the Lockheed P-38 Lightning. If gasoline wasn't so expensive, this would definitely be my commuter vehicle of choice. Incidentally, this is not about bombs or machine guns or weapons of mass destruction. It's about a truly innovative and incredible piece of aeronautical engineering. And it's cool!

Long live tradition. (Yes that's a play on words, but what else do I have to do with my time?)

Coming attractions: a much requested repeat of the "NO TOMATOES" chili recipe and another chapter in the life of NASCAR Sister.

No comments: