Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Memories vs Reality - The Scirocco Returns



This picture of a 1976 VW Scirocco is similar to one I bought after leaving a job with an American car company and moving into the banking field. I had driven one at a comparison test my company held at their proving grounds in Arizona and was blown away by the great ride and handling characteristics it exhibited, along with the zip they extracted from a 4-cyl engine.

Needless to say, my Scirocco served me long and well, and was always a joy to drive no matter how short (or long) the trip. So, there is a soft spot in my heart for anything named "Scirocco".

I was therefore delighted to see these pictures from VW on CarScoop of two concept cars they have named Sciroccos. Details are murky right now but if they follow in their namesake's shoes, I no option other than to start developing a devious plan to convince Ms Time that we have to have one of these in our driveway in the near future. This is going to cost me, in more ways than one!

No comments: