Monday, October 23, 2006

Time For A Change

A New Look

Father Time's Place was starting to look older than me , so here's a breath of fresh sea air. Breathe deep! Smells good doesn't it?

What has Father Time been up to?

I'm re-reading Exodus to brush up on my Middle East background since it looks like we're going to be there for a while. Why am I sharing this? Because my blogging time is forced to compete with my reading time, my work with our local Hospice, and the remodeling of our family room to turn it into a media room with wide screen HD TV. (I was getting somewhat financially comfortable so this should cure that feeling!)

And finally, my latest adventure in insanity is "wet weather backpacking." Even took a class on it at our local REI store. The key is developing an attitude that looks forward to seeing our physical environment in a completely different way (plus staying dry - Duh!) The magnificent views are replaced by the good smell of wet soil and forest duff, almost total isolation, and the patter of drops on the tent rain fly at night. Warm coffee in the morning also helps.

I know there's a message here, but I choose to ignore it. My new theme song will probably be "Slip sliding away" and my electric blanket will become an altar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the new look!

HD-TV. :) I'm envious. So, you're volunteering at a hospice center? That's admirable. My mother has in-home hospice car right now, almost daily. Cancer. She's not going to last long. :(

Anyway, you are probably definitely going to want to check out my post today about the car that one of our friends just bought. :)