Saturday, October 28, 2006

Attempting A Return To Respectability

The Problem: Father Time has incurred the wrath of the following special interest groups: hunters, women's rights advocates, and the conservative right.

The reason: The previous post entitled Revenge.

The Details: The cartoon showed a lame-brained duck hunter, the outline of a woman's bra, and an empowered duck. (Conservatives hate empowerment!)

The Solution: Show a picture of some damn fine furniture!

Now it's back to watching football and drinking beer in my trophy room while the "little woman" irons and cooks. Then when football ends, I'll watch Bill O'Reilly.

UPDATE by Mother Time: Don't let the old goat fool you. He's really cooking dinner, sipping Pinot Gris, and watching New Yankee Workshop! I'm the one watching football. When football ends, we'll both watch a documentary on global warming by Al Gore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see any comments to that post except mine. You got email on it?? Actually, I didn't look closely enough to see that it was a duck with a gun. *L* My, my. People are so hypersensitive these days. It kills the sense of humor, doesn't it?

(You should include more afterthoughts by Mother Time. ;))

Father Time said...

Actually, it's amazing to see how many people read blogs and don't comment. They do, however, take advantage of my e-mail inbox, and seem to have no qualms about ripping me when their views collide with mine. Surprisingly, I didn't hear from The Fly who is both a hunter and a conservative. (He was probably busy trying on different style Kevlar vests to see which one would look best in a Barstow singles bar.)

However, NASCAR sister was her usual polite self when she supported Mother Time's update. In fact, several people supported Mother Time's input, (including FlashCat thank you), which leads me to belive that she has creditbility despite working in the legal field.

She obviously has decoded my password book and knows how to use it. Thank goodness we're an anti-NRA household.

Bring on the e-mail!

The Fly said...

And by "documentary" Mother Time meant "science-free propaganda", right?

Father Time said...

Fly:

Science is always free; however, the consequences of rejecting it are costly.