Monday, November 27, 2006

Transition


This is an interesting time of the year. For some it's a time to look forward to traditional holidays that are a part of their faith. For others, as my friend The Fly says, it's a time for the annual pagan ritual of gift giving to enrich commercial enterprises.

And for others, it's a time to die; to move on from this life to the next.

One of my Hospice patients passed away on Friday. She was one of the most loving and caring persons I have ever known. To my way of thinking, she left us at the perfect time.

Transition is reality, but not morbid. The circumstances may be morbid, but transition is always the same. The good news? It's possibly the only way we will ever know peace in our lifetime. (No, I'm not suicidal, just contemplative.)

No comments: