Sunday, October 07, 2007

Backpacking Weather Turns Wet


Hobby Or Obsession?
If you have followed this blog in the past, you know one of my passions is getting out in the woods for a few days of solitude. Since this summer was a blur of unexpected activities that controlled me rather than vice versa, my secret affair with Mother Nature is now limited to the few remaining days of semi-temperate, but continuously changing weather. So, when I get wet, I get really wet! And why do I torture myself like this?

The answer is evident in this picture, as well as literally hundreds of other breathtaking back-country scenes that keep me coming back for more. There's plenty of time to be dry when I get home, so this method of recharging of my inner being is worth every moment of discomfort.

Thus endeth the sermon for today. Drip, drip.

No comments: