Thursday, October 11, 2007

OK, So It's My Time Of Year



Declaration Of Bias
I'm a "seasons" fan. My outlook and energy levels are never higher than during the equinoxes and solstices. If we had eight distinct seasons rather than four, I would be in Nirvana. However, overwhelming my senses, an acknowledged character flaw, (along with sniffing a good Pinot Noir well beyond the requisite 15 seconds), to the best of my knowledge, is neither harmful nor addictive.

Hidden Agenda
So, this picture of the Columbia Gorge not only lets me indulge myself, but concurrently performs a semi-public service. If you happen to be reading The Good Rain by Timothy Egan, this picture can help you attain some great mental images.

Enjoy! Envy is OK too.

2 comments:

norrbu said...

it is a lovely picture.

FatherTime said...

Thanks Norrbu. I feel very fortunate to live here.