Sunday, May 28, 2006

Joey Has Landed



Joey officially became a member of the Times' household May 27, 2006 at 3:30 PM PDT. For the three spoiled cats, "hell week" is officially in session. Each cat is puffed up twice his/her/it's normal size and sleep is now an option rather than the norm.

I love it!

Joey, as the previous post indicated, is a work in progress. The shelter did get him bathed and groomed, but the matted fur required a buzz cut on his back which is not the typical Shetland Sheepdog look. He has a long ways to go before he's going to be considered a stud by the opposite sex.

In the top photos, we see Father Time and Ms Time, (who is clearly astounded by the whole process) taking delivery from the animal shelter which is barely one step ahead of Abu Ghraib as far as conditions are concerned. (Thank you Fly for pointing that out.) The last picture is Liz Dodge, a tireless and caring dog lover, who spends almost as much time finding homes for orphan dogs as she does training her Border Collies for agility trials at the national level. She is truly the Mother Teresa of the canine world. I hope that sounds like a compliment Liz; it was intended to be, but I'm no Hemingway. Right now I'm just barely Father Time.

6 comments:

The Fly said...

Why is he so short?

Father Time said...

Shetland Sheepdogs measure 13"-16" from the shoulder. It's the breed; they're more agile than a longer legged dog for sheep herding purposes.

Lot's of detail about the breed at:

http://www.assa.org/

Incidentally, Joey wants to know why you're so tall? Hopefully there are no sheep in your desert.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love Shelties!!!!!! :)

I hope your cats adjust okay to the new pet!

Anonymous said...

What happened to your sidebar links??

Father Time said...

They're showing on my browser. ???
I don't have a lot but the ones I linked are working OK.

Try again later and let me know if they're still missing. I'll check and see if it's a Mozilla thing.

The Fly said...

Nope, no sheep in the desert, though they have a goat market on base (that, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't have any actual goats in it) and I saw a wild donkey about three weeks ago.