Monday, June 19, 2006

Joey Watch

Remember Joey, the Shetland Sheepdog we adopted three+ weeks ago? He's turning out to be quite a find.

He's settling down, made peace with the cats, and has taken over my job driving the truck. I knew shelties were smart but this is even better than having a trunk monkey!

Right now he's teaching me how to fetch. I've got the chase part down but can't figure out what I have to do to get a food pellet. On the positive side, I've lost a few pounds from all the exercise. Being a dog's pet is turning out to be quite enjoyable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww. ^__^ Sounds like such a nice pet! And he's training you well from the sounds of it. :)

Father Time said...

He's a good trainer but gets impatient with me sometimes. Once he gets rid of the food pellets and starts using Guinness Stout, I'll learn much faster.