Sunday, August 13, 2006

2007 Renault Laguna



A while back we posted pictures of a Peugeot concept car here.
It resembled nothing we had ever seen before. I.E. - how many cars do you enter through the center of the rear wheel? Additionally, those of us who lived through the 50's remember only one thing about imported French automobiles like Renault, Citroen, and Peugeot - they were not visually attractive. (PC version of "butt ugly.")

So, when I saw these pictures of the 2007 Renault on Paul Tan's automotive site I was astonished to say the least. However, my astonishment was short-lived when I remembered that Renault and Nissan are now managed by the same person, Carlos Ghosn, who has been rumored to be talking about a similar "arrangement" with General Motors. Sure enough, the new Renault will be built on the Nissan Altima chassis. End of story.

Are we witnessing a global period when automobile manufacturers are going through a consolidation like the U.S. experienced in the 50's and 60's? Absolutely!

2 comments:

Mo said...

Hey Father Time!

Is this you???:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J6DE22E8D

LOL Hope you enjoy!

Father Time said...

This guy has me beat by 12 years! See what I have to look forward to?

Thanks for the link Mo.