Monday, January 30, 2006

The Difference Between Good and Bad Furniture


Several years ago, I purchased a small bookcase from a major retailer. As is customary, it came disassembled and required only "a few simple tools to assemble." When I opened the box, I discovered the back was cardboard, the sides and shelves were particle board covered with wood-like vinyl, and what little assembly they did was with staples.

After six months, the shelves sagged, the sides were coming apart, and the vinyl started to bubble. That's when I decided that before I purchased any more furniture, I would know what to look for, and if I got ripped off in the future, it would be my fault. So, after years of research, Father Time proudly shows you what I have discovered.

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

That's right! Furniture has to be trained just like a dog. So, if you come home after a tough day at work (or school) and you find your favorite rug soiled, do NOT blame you dog. (This message endorsed by the ASPCA.) Once Father Time has perfected his furniture training spray, I will no longer need to worry about the future of the Social Security Administration.

2 comments:

Mo said...

That picture made me giggle.

Father Time said...

Me too. Whoops! Cancel that. Men don't giggle; they chuckle. Or "roar" with laughter. Raarrr!