Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sister From The South

This is about siblings, not Catholic nuns. My only sibling is Sister. She and I are quite close due to the many wars we had as children. Initially, the wars were over toys, but later sunk to the lowest levels of psychological warfare. So, when do two combatants become allies? When their overbearing Mother tries to assert control over her domain. But that is a whole separate story. (See Post 349 if I make it that far.)

Sister now lives in a southern state and is happily married to a really cool guy who loves NASCAR. We communicate mostly by e-mail, and I have it on good authority that she is a lurker on this blog. Therefore, in a desperate attempt to increase "bloggership," I encourage her to comment, especially in those areas where I have grossly overstated my intellectual capacity. (See Post 9 for that story.)

Good luck and may a picture of someone you love be on your nightstand tonight.

4 comments:

The Fly said...

Was that a dig at the Bush Administration I detected?

Anonymous said...

NASCAR SISTER SPEAKS
Father Time most assuredly understates his intellectual capacity. "Why can't you get good grades like your brother?" - that is what the sister remembers OR this picture burned in her memory - Father Time in a class picture, he at the top of the pyramid, a King's crown on his head, honoring the highest GPA in the class! The sister easily overcomes this adversity however because Father Time has always been a funny and cool brother - in spite of his BRAIN! (NASCAR SISTER can't wait to comment on Post 349!) Until then.

Father Time said...

fly: Why is "fly" not spelled with a capital letter lately? That comes as close to shooting down the Bush administration (note lower case ain administration) as I will ever put in print. I have no desire to have my tax returns audited.

nascar sister:
I always could fool you. The report cards were faked, the King's crown was air-brushed in at the police station, and I gave Mom a food pellet every time she got on your case about grades.

Finally, with your endorsement, I will move Post 349 up to Post 126. Thanks! :-)

The Fly said...

I have no clue why it doesn't capitalize "The Fly" when I comment. It's capitalized on the little notch that I select (The Fly, Other, or Anonymous), but not on the actual page. Peculiar, but trivial.