Thursday, January 19, 2006

Father Time's Best Ride


OK. The previous post introduced my first car. Now let's look at my first NEW car. (I promise this trip through "nostalgia-ville" will end soon.)

This 1964 MGB is almost identical to mine. The black exterior was a prerequisite, as was anything I drove, rode in, or peddled back then. The red leather interior is also the same but my car had wire wheels instead of solid rims. Personally, I still feel it's a design that has transcended the years and would be popular today. I wonder if Ford.................? Naaah.

2 comments:

Mo said...

What a FABULOUS car! I'm jealous. My first "new" car was a 98 Kia Sephia. Or as we call it now Killed In Accident. Cause it was. :o)

Father Time said...

Thanks Mo. I truly loved that car. The ironic part of the story is that I was transferred to the West Coast right after I bought it. Part of the deal was a company car. So I sold this cool car in order drive some big old Detroit iron that NO single guy in his right mind would have been seen dead in. It was a "babe repelling magnet." But that's another post!