Thursday, January 19, 2006

Father Time Looks Back and Weeps


This is a close copy of my first car. It had 32,000 miles when purchased, was jet black, and had huge white walls that each took one entire steel wool pad to clean.

If Father Time had this car today, he would have an extra garage instead of a workshop. (Maybe there is a silver lining here after all.) Nostalgia can be bittersweet. As an aside, did you know this vehicle will hold four adults plus and bass violin inside the passenger compartment? Now that's nostalgia!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME car! I think if I had one I would just look at it all day...probably never drive it. I quite enjoy my cheap hyundai elantra w/power steering and keyless entry. lol

Father Time said...

Thanks Michelle. I really loved that car. Wherever the poor chassis is today, it has a million stories to tell too. Maybe Sister will chime in with one at some point. We'll see.

At any rate, glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

Imagine being embarrased by this great looking car! Yep - I was. Back in the late 50's, NASCAR SISTER asked her brother to park across the street and down the road from the school when picking her up. It wasn't in keeping with her high school, cool girl image.
Sure would like to be picked up in it now!